Transitions and learning through the lifecourse / ed. by Kathryn Ecclestone... [et al.]
Auteur:Ecclestone, Kathryn Editeur:
London : Routledge
xxiv, 216 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- cycle de vie
- Éducation permanente Sujet LCSH:Articulation (Education) -- Great Britain
- Continuing education -- Great Britain
- Life cycle, Human -- Great Britain
- School-to-work transition -- Great Britain Contient:
1. Transitions in the lifecourse: the role of identity, agency and structure / Kathryn Ecclestone, Gert Biesta and Martin Hughes -- 2. The daily transition between home and school / Martin Hughes, Pamela Greenhough, Wan Ching Yee and Jane Andrews -- 3. Transgression for transition? White urban middle class families making and managing 'against the grain' school choices / David James and Phoebe Beedell -- 4. Reading and writing the self as a college student: fluidity and ambivalence across contexts / Candice Satchwell and Roz Ivanic -- 5. Managing transitions in skills for life / Mary Hamilton -- 6. The transition from vocational education and training to higher education: a successful pathway? / Michael Hoelscher, Geoff Hayward, Hubert Ertl and Harriet Dunbar-Goddet -- 7. Disabled students and transitions in higher education / Elisabet Weedon and Sheila Riddell -- 8. Rethinking 'failed transitions' to higher education / Jocey Quinn -- 9. Time in learning transitions through the lifecourse: a feminist perspective / Helen Colley -- 10. Working as belonging: the management of personal and collective identities / Alan Felstead, Dan Bishop, Alison Fuller, Nick Jewson, Lorna Unwin and Kostantinos Kakavelakis -- 11. Adults learning in and through the workplace / Karen Evans and Edmund Waite -- 12. Older workers' transitions in work-related learning, careers and identities / Jenny Bimrose and Alan Brown -- 13. Managing and supporting the vulnerable self / Kathryn Ecclestone
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Classification:cdu-neubfl 374.7 Identifiant:
0203867610 (ebook) (ISBN); 0415481732 (hardback) (ISBN); 0415481740 (pbk.) (ISBN); 9780203867617 (ebook) (ISBN); 9780415481731 (hardback) (ISBN); 9780415481748 (pbk.) (ISBN) No RERO: